If You Can't Stand the Heat...

I'm cooked. Literally.

With the consistent 100 degree temperatures or nearing century mark days, I am not the least bit interested in stepping in the kitchen and standing over a gas burner, opening a hot oven or even contemplating grilling. Outside! Not that I even know how to grill, but if I did, I can assure you I would not want that job in this scorching heat.

So, what's the alternative? Go on strike? Exactly! From a hot kitchen, that is. It's easy...just refuse to "cook" anything with heat. And with so many choices for enjoying uncooked foods in the summer, why not?

Here's a few of our favorite recipes on ways to beat the heat. Because if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! 


Buen provecho!


Agua de Melon
Blueberry Lemonade
Sips


Gazpacho
Soups


Arugula Salad


Kale, Marcona Almond and Mango Salad

Zucchini Salad

Watermelon, Feta and Mint
Salads and Sides


Guacamole
Pimento Cheese
Snacks


Berry Fool

Affogato

Strawberry Ice Cream
Sweets

Comments

Janet D said…
These salads look fabulous!
Tom said…
Great Timely post. I made the coconut ice cream. Good and very easy. Going to have to go to market and buy a few things to try some of the other recipes. Just too hot to cook and eat heavy.
Heather said…
Tom, I totally agree that it's too hot to cook...just made some amazing watermelon-mint popsicles and turned the leftover juice into a watermelon-mint and vodka drink! Hello!!

Top 5 Posts